Purple tea is a rare variety of tea grown around Mt Kenya region in very selective gardens. Itis a rare type of thirst quenching tea with excellent briskness and
flavor in oxidized form and has lots of health benefits. Tea made from purple tea leaves gives darker appearance and the brewed tea will have a slightly purple shine to it.
It is derived from the same plant (Camellia Sinensis) that produces traditional Black and Green Tea, but Wanja Purple Tea is rich in anthocyanin (a water soluble pigment that is found in red cranberries and grapes) which gives it the distinctive purple leaves. According to the leads available, the clone TRFK 306/1 for purple teawas originally from Assam, India. Purple tea seeds produce the highest quantity and quality of oil. Tea seed oil is used mainly in the Asian countries for cooking and in cosmetic industries. An amazing fact about Purple tea is that it will always remain vibrant during dry seasons because the anthocyanins protect the tea plants from excessive Ultra violet radiation.
How to prepare Purple tea:
|Unique properties of purple tea
|Rich in anthocyanins (thus the purple colour)
|Contains higher catechins: epigallocatechin gallate
|Contains lower caffeine
|High in antioxidants
|Drought, frost, disease and pest resistant
|Health benefits of purple tea
|Reduce 'bad' cholesterol levels
|Perfect for those who would like to slim down
|Helps in managing blood pressure
Latest from Research space:
- Put 1/2 teaspoon in a teapot
- Brew for 5 minutes with warm water to unlock the distinct earthy and rustic taste.
Where to Buy:
- Therapeutic intervention with coenzyme-Q10 and/or Purple tea anthocyanins can be used in an experimental mouse model to ameliorate extremely severe post treatment reactive encephalopathy associated with cerebral Human African trypanosomiasisParasitol Int. 2014 Apr;63(2):417-26. doi: 10.1016/j.parint.2014.01.001. Epub 2014 Jan 15.
- Kenyan Purple tea anthocyanins can cross the BBB reinforcing the brain's antioxidant capacity. Hence, the need to study them as suitable candidates for dietary supplements that could support antioxidant capacity in the brain and have potential to provide neuroprotection in neurodegenerative conditions.Nutr Neurosci. 2014 Jul;17(4):178-85. doi: 10.1179/1476830513Y.0000000081. Epub 2013 Nov 26
- Purple-shoot tea extract inhibited the proliferation of COLO 320DM (IC(50) = 64.9 μg/mL) and HT-29 (IC(50) = 55.2 μg/mL) by blocking cell cycle progression during the G(0)/G(1) phase and inducing apoptotic death. Purple-shoot tea extract is a potential novel dietary agent for colorectal cancer chemoprevention.J Agric Food Chem. 2012 Apr 11;60(14):3686-92. doi: 10.1021/jf204619n. Epub 2012 Mar 30.price of cialis at costco
amoxicillin generic motilium bebe 7 meses
- What-Cha (http://what-cha.com/)
- Steepster (http://shop.steepster.com/)
- Royal tea of Kenya (http://royalteaofkenya.com/)
- Yunnan sourcing (http://yunnansourcing.com/)
- Tealicious (http://www.tealiciousteacompany.com)